Career Any Longer!
Whether companies are public sector, publicly listed, privately held or not for profit, project leaders carry the responsibility for the impact – positive or negative – of their project outcomes. All too ofter, the people managing transformation projects work excessive hours, endure repeated and humiliating delays, and end up with damaged reputations.
- How to tame the “digital beast” so that your deadlines are met and projects are implemented successfully (follow these steps and become a master project “slayer”)
- The #1 reason why transformation projects of all types fail (the answer may surprise you!)
- The secret to delivering projects on schedule and within budget every time, no matter what the project or environment (hint: it starts with nailing down the plan for success)
- How to ensure your project’s impact on people is measured just as effectively as its technical capabilities (if you miss these critical points, it will be hard to recover)
Dean has worked with multiple industries, including financial services, manufacturing, retail, and not-for-profit. He has implemented projects for JP Morgan Chase & Co., Post Office Limited, Vertu/Nokia, Hasbro UK, PC World, Holland & Barrett, Toyota, KPMG, and Baxter Healthcare, to name a few.
Dean has a 100% successful track record managing transformation projects to time, budget, and quality. He has led projects up to AU$61.5M and provided strategic consulting to programs up to AU$100M.
For over 30 years, Dean has been sought after by business leaders on both the client side and the supplier side of digital transformation projects to help them address the many pitfalls on the path to successful implementation. He adapts easily and quickly to any new environment and brings a unique financial and value-based approach to digital projects.
In his new book Slaying The Digital Beast, Dean confronts 11 common myths about digital transformation projects and shares alternative ways of looking at and dealing with their accepted (but faulty!) wisdom. Through personal insights and case studies, he will show you how to gain control of your multi-faceted projects that impact both the technical and the people side of business.
- How to slay your digital transformation project and become a bona fide “boardroom hero”
- What challenges to be on the lookout for during each phase of your project’s life cycle
- The hidden pitfalls of putting everything you want into a transformation project at once
- The key role your organisation actually plays in knowing what is the “right” project strategy
- How to keep your stress levels low, your confidence high, and your reputation intact when there are bumps in the project road